Flash-based Super capacitor backup module for ARC-1883I, ARC-1883X, ARC-1883LP, ARC-1883IX-12/16/24
NAND flash memory and super capacitor technology that provides cache offload capability
to protect cached data in case of system power loss.
Provides power of data backup at power outage
Support up to 2 GB memory chips
No further power is required once the super capacitor is fully charged
The ARC-1883-BAT/CAP kit includes the Flash-based module (FBM), and one cable. The
FBM features NAND flash memory and super capacitor technology that provides cache
offload capability to protect cached data in case of system power loss. The module
is mounted super-capacitor pack or battery that provides power for the backup of
your data. When the module detects loss of power, the super capacitor keeps parts
of the ARC-1883 RAID controller active long enough to allow cache data to be copied
to the flash memory. The module attaches directly to the 12 Gb/s SAS RAID controller
by the cable.
FBM with Battery
1. Low profile bracket is also provided.
2. The FBM will occupy one PCI slot on the host backplane.
Flash-based Backup Capacity
The FBM backup capacity is defined as the maximum duration of a power failure for
which data in the cache memory can be written into the flash on ARC-1883-CAP/BAT.
The FBM can support up to 2 GB memory chips that installed on the 12Gb/s SAS RAID
1. There are no manual procedures for FBM conditioning or preconditioning to be performed
by the user.
2. No further power is required once the super capacitor is fully charged.
Note: Do not remove FBM while system is running.
Mechanical • Module Dimension (W x H x D):
- with battery: 64.4 x 16.97 x 127 mm
- with supercap: 64.4 x 18.72 x 127 mm
• BBM Connector: (1*14) box header
• Operating Temperature: 0°C to +50°C
• Typical Life Expectancy: 5 years at 50°C
• Cache Memory Size Supported: up to 2 GB (super capacitor/battery) or 8 GB (battery)